Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mourning Convenience

I guess having to give up the drive through is not the worst thing that can happen, but.....  I think that is one of the hardest things about celiac.  The loss of convenience.  No more $5.00 pizza from Little Caesar's.  No more chicken biscuits, no more Wendy's bacon cheeseburgers.  Most days it's not that big a deal but some days-MAN!

Like today.  Play practice till 5:00.  Run carpool.  Church by 6:15.  Home at 7:30.  Homework.  No time to cook.  So what to do?

Over the last 2 years I have come up with a few things that I use on days like today.  Here is my gluten free version of fast food!


We love UDI's bagels at our house.  Can you tell?  Look at my freeze! I hit a sale and well-they better like 'em!



Break out an UDI's bagel.  This is tricky so get out your pencils!  Spread pizza sauce on the bagel.  We use Kroger brand, but whatever you use make sure its gluten free.  Sprinkle with cheese and stick it in the toaster over or under the broiler.

Yum!  Of course most people would add pepperoni but mine kiddos prefer just cheese.


Not fancy but good and filling to tide us over until we get home.  I have something really fun planned for after church so stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment