Monday, September 26, 2011

Getcha Head in the Game!!

Have you ever had one THOSE weeks.  Please say yes.  I need you to say yes.  Last weekend my sink seemed to look like this ALL weekend long.


That's gross.  Sorry.

Anyway. Every time I turned around there was a sink full of dishes and I'm blaming the week that followed on that.  I just needed a break.  Or something.
My family ate tacos, pizza and Fito pie this week.  Now mind you there is nothing wrong with tacos, pizza and frito pie.  But all in one week.  All in a row.  Pretty gross.
Thursday I made the cake that turned out just lovely.
I made chocolate chip cookies to make up for the lack of cooking this week and overcooked them.
I don't even want to talk about dinner Friday night.
I washed the clothes on Monday but didn't fold them until Friday.
And the kitchen floor?  Well, lets just say....it's sticky.

An off week to be sure.  But I'm going our on a limb here and saying we all have those don't we?  Just blah!  I don't really want to do anything and nothing I do turns out great.  And you know what?  It's ok.  They all survived tacos, and pizza and frito pie all in a row.  In fact they all said it was great!  I have a sweet husband who just gets his socks out of the laundry basket and kisses my when I say I'm sorry.  Saturday I found myself home alone for few hours and I thought "I'll work for an hour, I'll clean for an hour and then I'll run errands for an hour."  Reality: I watched the Kate plus 8 episode where they take an RV trip (haven't watched that in years- Made me sad) and then I slept for 2 hours!!  I made a simple but good supper and went to a movie with my boys.  And let me tell you a simple "This was fabulous mom!" and "I had a great time mom" from your teenage son will do wonders for your morale and I began to get my mojo back.

So it's Monday morning.  The laundry is going and I even got some washed and folded last night.  The menu is planned and the grocery list is made.  The floor is still sticky but I am cleaning the kitchen top to bottom today.    I made the good syrup to go with our waffles this morning and BBQ chicken* is on tap for tonight.

I just need to find my cape under the pile of ironing and I'll be set!!

Have a great Monday!

BBQ Chicken (this is long and complicated-hold onto your hats!)
Frozen or fresh chicken breast or tenders
Bottle of BBQ sauce (I use Kraft Original, Sweet Baby Rays is also GF)
Put both in the crockpot on low for about 4 hours.
Serve with corn on the cob or mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment