Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Time's a wastin'

So before there was Pinterest what did we to waste time online?  Oh yea, Facebook.  I'm completely enthralled with Pinterest.  If you haven't discovered it yet don't.  Or better yet - follow me on Pinterest.  I'll follow you back.  We can waste time together!

Anyway...  I found this recipe on Pinterest the other day and pinned it to my "Recipes" board.  I knew I could finagle (is that a real word?) it to be GF.  The kids were hungry after church and so was the husband and so I decided to give it a try.  So here goes:

Mini Deep Dish Pizza 
(The pictures are not great-sorry!)

I used these tortillas

I love these.  I would definately consider them staples in my pantry.  I haven't been able to find them locally until recently and I was so excited!
I used a glass and cut 3 circles from each tortilla.  I used 4 tortillas for a total of 12 circle.  
See kids you will use math in real lfe!

I sprayed a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray and pressed each tortilla round into a muffin cup.
Tip:  I put the circles in the microwave for about 20 seconds to soften them up.

I then filled them with pizza sauce, cheese and a pepperoni.


An action shot.  
Certainly not a "Stacy forgot to take the picture before she put them in the oven" shot.

And after.


I have no idea why they look radioactive.  I tried different lights on and off and even different angles and I got radioactive pizza every time.  

These turned out really well.  Everybody liked them.  They held their shape great and the tortilla was just the right amount of crunchy.  Good teenager food.  

Now if you will excuse me I need to get back to wasting time gathering ideas on Pinterest. 




No comments:

Post a Comment