Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Waffles, Pancakes, Waffles, Pancakes, Waffles,etc!

When I first started grocery shopping at Kroger years ago I came across my first 10 for $10 sale.  Eggo Waffles.  I thought you had to buy 10 of the same item and I didn't bat an eye before loading up the ole grocery cart with 10 boxes of Eggo waffles.  We love some waffles at the Huff house.

Well, no more Eggo waffles over here.  I do want to say that they do make frozen GF waffles, but remember the whole, smaller and more expxensive thing?  Plus, my kids will eat them but they don't love them.

So....Pamela to the rescue.


I do this about once a month or so.  I buy a new bag of Pamela's pancake mix and make the whole bag.  The whole thing.  Lots and lots of these:



I made 3 batches of waffles and I think 6 batches of pancakes. I followed the recipe on the bag for both pancakes and waffles although I added about a tsp. of sugar and vanilla to each batch for some extra flavor.

I ended up with this!


Minus the four pancakes the kids had for breakfast the bag made about 45 pancakes and 21 waffles.  It took about a dozen and half eggs to make these.  The bag of mix costs $16.00.  So for about $20.00 I have breakfast for a month.  I put them in ziplocks and pull them out of the freezer at least 3 days a week.  


It took me a couple of hours beginning to end with running carpool in between.  My freezer is stocked and the bank is not broke!  All good things!




No comments:

Post a Comment